COVID-19: Safe Travel Guidance
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend delaying all travel until persons are fully vaccinated. While vaccination efforts are underway, safe travel is of utmost importance to prevent introduction of variant strains into Louisiana — particularly because travel itself (especially the use of shared spaces in planes, buses, railways or boats) can increase a person's chance of spreading and/or infecting themselves with COVID-19.
- Masks are required for travelers 2 years of age or older and should be worn over the nose and mouth in indoor areas of public transportation (including airplanes) and indoors in US transportation hubs (including airports).
- International air passengers must show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel to the United States or proof of recovery within the last 90 days.
- After travel, self-quarantine for 7 days even if you test negative at 3 – 5 days after travel. If you do not get viral tested, you will need to self-quarantine for 10 days.
- Do not travel if you have been exposed to COVID-19, you are sick, or if you test positive for COVID-19.
- All travelers should follow CDC Travel Guidance for Domestic Travel and International Travel.
- All travelers should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow state and local guidance including CDC public health recommendations.
- Postpone all travel until you are fully vaccinated.
- If you must travel, get tested with a viral test 1 – 3 days before travel and 3 – 5 days after travel.
- Masks are required while traveling on any form of public transportation such as planes, buses, trains and boats. Please consider wearing masks in crowded outdoor settings.
- Remember to social distance where possible, and frequently wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
- CDC Travel Planner by City, Zip Code or Address
- CDC Travel Map by Destination
- CDC Travel Guidance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Answers
- CDC Travel Guidance Infographics (English, Spanish, Vietnamese, etc.)
TRAVEL NOTICES AND ADVISORIES
- Global Travel Advisories by the U.S. Department of State (DOS)
- Travelers Prohibited from Entry to the United States (CDC)
- Arrival Restrictions by Department of Homeland Security (DHS)