Medicaid Provider Updates
The Provider Enrollment Portal at www.lamedicaid.com remains open for providers required to complete enrollment. Any providers who have not completed enrollment by June 30, 2023, will be deactivated. Deactivated Primary Care Providers will have their patients assigned to another primary care physician. Providers with multiple provider types must complete enrollment for each type. This also includes Ordering, Prescribing, or Referring (OPR) providers who do not bill Medicaid for services rendered, but may order, prescribe or refer services/supplies for Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Click here to learn more about mandatory Medicaid Provider Enrollment.
- Click here for contracting information for all health plans.
Provider Enrollment Webinars
Medicaid Managed Care Organization Changes
Effective January 1, 2023, Medicaid has contracts with six managed care organizations (MCO), also known as Healthy Louisiana health plans.
- Aetna Better Health
- AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana
- Healthy Blue
- Humana Healthy Horizons in Louisiana
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
Other Resources for Providers
- Partners and Providers Communications Tool kit for Health Plan Enrollment
- Informational Bulletins
- Health Plan Contacts for Provider Contracting
- Health Plan Provider Relations Contacts
- New Plans Enrollment Flyer
- Medicaid Member Letter
- Medicaid Member Letter - Spanish
- Medicaid Member Health Plan Comparison Chart