Home and Community Based Service Provider (HCBS)
Add a Branch or Satellite Location
The Department at its sole discretion, and taking into consideration resources of the department, may approve or deny an application for a new branch or satellite locations. Branch and satellites are defined as follows:
Branch- provides one or more of the following service modules: PCA, SIL, Respite In-home Care, Monitored In Home Care (MIHC).
Satellite- proved Adult Day Health Care (ADC) or Center Based Respite Care
Branch or Satellite requirements:
1. Located within the same LDH administrative region as the parent agency.
2. Parent agency must have full licensure for at least one year prior to application for approval to open a branch or satellite.
A branch or satellite shall not be approved if any of the following conditions exist:
- The parent agency was cited with more than five deficiencies on its last annual survey or on a complaint survey within the last 12 months;
- The parent agency was cited with a deficiency resulting in immediate jeopardy or actual harm to a client on its last annual survey or on a complaint survey within the last 12 months;
- The parent agency has a provisional license;
- The parent agency is under license revocation;
- The parent agency is undergoing a change of ownership; or
- Adverse action, including license revocation, denial or suspension, has been taken against the license of other agencies operated by the owner of the parent agency.
$200 non-refundable for each branch
$250 non-refundable for each satellite
Fees must be in the form of certified check, company check, or money order made payable to the Department of Health and Hospitals. Payments must be mailed with a Payment Transmittal Form to LDH Licensing Fee, PO Box 62949, New Orleans, LA 70161-2949. The application form and any supporting documentation must be mailed to HSS, PO Box 3767, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3767. Please visit the HSS Payment Procedure website for complete details.
Please refer to the HCBS Providers Minimum Licensing Standards for service module definitions, general provisions, operational requirements and branch/satellite requirements. A link to the regulation and HCBS program desk contacts are located on the HCBS home page.