COVID-19 Testing Information for Providers
Attention COVID Testing Providers:
The Office of Public Health has limited amounts of COVID-19 testing supplies and we do not anticipate getting more. If you plan to continue offering testing to the public or to your patients, and need supplies, please order now. You should submit your request to: ldh.la.gov/cv19testrequest
A provider is public and private agencies and organizations that provides COVID-19 testing to the community. Examples of types of providers are: healthcare facilities, childcare facilities, universities, correctional facilities, nursing homes, travel and companies.
- Long-Term Care Facilities – Update and Recommendations
- Long-Term Care Facilities include nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities
- BinaxNow Pro Training – coming soon
- Provider In-Depth Test Comparison
- Request Testing Supplies
- CUE Quick Reference Guide
- CUE Training
- Vendor List
- School-Based Testing
REQUEST FOR TESTING SUPPLIES
Complete and submit your request at ldh.la.gov/cv19testrequest.
- Only send one request in for your facility.
- Be sure to submit all testing supply requests for your organization by 1 p.m. Mondays through Fridays to allow for the most expedient turnaround time.
- Due to an unprecedented demand for testing supply support statewide, LDH is now operating under surge protocols. Persistent supply chain issues and surging demand from both our public health partners and employers have intensified the nationwide shortage of rapid tests. LDH is working diligently to source supplies and to fulfill requests whenever and wherever possible. We apologize in advance for the extended delivery timelines as we work through these issues to make supplies available to you. We will continue to share information as the Omicron surge progresses, but we ask for your continued patience and understanding as we pursue all available options to provide support.
- An LDH or Louisiana National Guard team member may contact you if we are able to fulfill your request for testing supplies. Your requests will be documented and addressed as quickly as possible as the testing supply landscape improves.
How to Order Federal COVID Testing supplies
CBTS Site and Data Collection
- Providers may submit Community Based Testing Sites (CBTS) and daily testing site(s) data here.
- Submit the CBTS schedule on Thursday by 5 p.m. for the following week to ensure that it will be reflected on the LDH website.
- Providers must first submit their CBTS schedule in order to submit their daily testing sites data.
- Daily data entries are due by 5 p.m. each day.
CUE TESTINGCue is a rapid molecular test for COVID-19, and may be more accurate than rapid antigen tests. If your facility has a CLIA waiver, LDH recommends Cue as a rapid molecular test. It requires a smartphone device with Bluetooth capability and a stable internet connection.
LDH provides the CUE Reader, Cue Cartridges and Cue Controls. Review the quick reference for an overview.
Become a CUE Provider
- Obtain a CLIA Waiver or work with a partner who will provide their CLIA Waiver and instructions.
- Complete self-certification training via Moodle. This training can be found on our website at https://ldh.la.gov/page/4259. Quick reference
- Request supplies at ldh.la.gov/cv19testrequest.
PURCHASING TESTING SUPPLIES
You may purchase your own testing supplies directly from the vendors. A list of vendors may be viewed here.
This is an evolving document and is by no means comprehensive; it only includes suppliers that we were aware of when pulling the document together. If you have questions about any of the tests, we suggest you directly contact the company. LDH does NOT endorse or recommend any one test in particular; we recommend that you vet the suppliers and the tests on your own before making a decision.
ENROLL IN THE HRSA COVID-19 TESTING SUPPLY PROGRAM
- Confirm you are a CMS-certified RHC and identify your CMS Certification Number (CCN) and the CCNs provided to HRSA match the CMS certification number in QCOR
- If you are unable to provide correct CCNs for your RHCs, we encourage you reach out to the National Association of Rural Health Clinics (NARHC) for assistance. at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the online registration to provide FORHP with some basic information about your RHC including shipping address and hours of operation.
- Complete the HRSA COVID-19 Testing Supply Program Conditions of Participation Agreement. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Check the COP certification boxes on page 3 and 4 (noted in red on the COP).
- Return the COP to RHCTestKit@hrsa.gov