2023 Viral Respiratory Diseases Detection, Containment, and Response in Health-Care Settings
Fifth Annual Viral Respiratory Diseases Detection, Containment, and Response Workshop
Preventing viral respiratory diseases in healthcare settings will reduce morbidity and mortality of vulnerable patients. The Infectious Disease Epidemiology Section of the Louisiana Office of Public Health will host this virtual educational activity, targeting infection preventionists as well as infectious disease personnel across the provider spectrum who have roles in infection surveillance and reporting. This activity is free of charge, but registration is required.
REGISTER HERE (Instructions to join virtually will be provided to registrants)
VIEW AGENDA* HERE
VIEW FLYER HERE
- Slide presentations will be available to download prior to this activity
- “C.I: Combatting Infection” - Welcome and Introductions
- “Data Recall” - COVID Data Updates and Publications Review, LTC FAQ , Quick Start Guide
- “Metrics Mirror” - Using Disease Data to Inform Infection Prevention and Control
- “1796 Vaccine Odyssey” - Resurgence of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
- “Back to the Basics” - ICP Actions to Stop the Spread of Respiratory Viruses in Healthcare
- "Patient Safety Voyagers" - Evaluations, Surveillance Survey
- VRD Workshop Recordings
- Planners and speakers do not have financial or non-financial relationships with any commercial interests that would create conflicts of interest with presentations*.
- Participants should expect a knowledge check survey at the end of each presentation.
- Participation in the entire workshop and completion of the post-activity evaluation are required for nursing contact hours. This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Louisiana State Nurses Association Approver, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Activity number: LSNA-101058325-2023. Approved for 2.75 contact hours.
- Nursing Facility Administrators (NFA): Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health is approved by the Louisiana Board of Examiners of Nursing Facility Administrators as a provider of continuing education programs. Approval is pending for this education. Approved for 2.5 contact hours.
Direct questions to email@example.com.