New Opportunities Waiver (NOW)
Call BAYOU HEALTH. We can help!
What is the NOW?
The New Opportunities Waiver allows services to be provided to an individual with developmental disabilities within a home or community-based setting.
What Services are Provided Under the NOW?
- Individualized and Family Support (IFS) Service (Day/Night)
- Center-Based Respite
- Community Integration and Development
- Environmental Accessibilities Adaptations
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies as an Extended State Plan Service
- Supported Living
- Substitute Family Care
- Day Habilitation and Transportation for Day Habilitation
- Supported Employment and Transportation for Supported Employment
- Employment Related Training
- Professional Services
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Skilled Nursing Services
- One-Time Transitional Services
How Does My Family Qualify for the NOW?
The child must:
- Be age 3 years and older and have a developmental disability that manifested prior to age 22.
- Meet the Louisiana definition for developmentally disabled.
- Meet financial criteria.