LDH – Office of Women’s Health and Community Health Community Advisory Board Application Form
The Louisiana Department of Health Office of Women’s Health & Community Health (OWHCH) was established in June 2022 and is dedicated to improving women’s health outcomes in Louisiana through policy, education, evidence-based programs and services. OWHCH will also serve as a clearing house, coordinating agency and resource center for women’s health data and strategies. Issues of focus include needs throughout a woman's life; chronic or acute conditions; access to healthcare; how poverty impacts women's health; leading causes of morbidity and mortality and health disparities.
To support this office, OWHCH will establish a Community Advisory Board to give advice and make recommendations on priority issues, best practices, funding opportunities and partnerships to advance the mission of the OWHCH. The Community Advisory Board will be comprised of subject matter experts, community members, women’s health organizations and advocacy champions with representation from each of the 9 regions located throughout Louisiana. Advisory Board Members will be expected to attend at least 3 meetings on a quarterly basis.
The responsibilities of this board will include:
- Providing input on OWHCH data dictionary and data dashboard;
- Developing annual reports on women’s health;
- Reviewing statewide community feedback gained in OWHCH’s town hall series; and
- Advising on programmatic priorities, women’s health trends and other salient findings.
Individuals interested in serving as a Community Advisory Board member should complete and submit nomination form no later than Friday, July 28, 2023 by 5:00pm. Applicants will be reviewed and selected by OWHCH staff.
If you should have any questions, please contact Dr. Ra'Quel Shavers at (225) 342-2668 or via email at Ra'Quel.Shavers@la.gov.
Louisiana Parish/Region Listing
- Region 1: Southeast - (Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, and St. Bernard);
- Region 2: South Central - (Ascension, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Point Coupee, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana);
- Region 3: Southeast - (Assumption, Lafourche, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Mary and Terrebonne);
- Regions 4: Southwest - (Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin and Vermillion);
- Region 5: Southwest - (Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron and Jefferson Davis);
- Region 6: Central - (Avoyelles, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Rapides, Vernon and Winn);
- Region 7: Northwest - (Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, and Webster);
- Region 8: Northeast - (Caldwell, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Ouachita, Richland, Tensas, Union and West Carroll); and
- Region 9: Southeast - (Livingston, St. Helena, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Washington).
Please Return this Form to:
LDH – Office of Women’s Health and Community Health
628 N. 4th Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Or scan and email the completed nomination form(s) no later than Friday, July 28, 2023 by 5:00pm to Community Engagement Manager – Dr. Ra’Quel L. Shavers via email at Ra’Quel.Shavers@la.gov.
Thank you for your interest and for your willingness to be involved in your community.