Pet Foods and Animal Feeds

Pet foods and animal feeds are regulated by the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry under the purview of the Office of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Information about the registration of pet foods can be found here. If you are operating as a pet food manufacturer, you will also be required to register as a food processor with the federal Food and Drug Administration. Information on how to register with FDA can be found here.