Adult Protective Services
Who are we?
Adult Protective Services (APS) is responsible for investigating reports and arranging for services to protect vulnerable adults ages 18-59 and emancipated minors who are at risk of abuse, neglect, exploitation or extortion.
Call for help
Adult Protective Services is here to help. APS investigates to assess the adult's risk of harm. If APS concludes that the adult is at risk, it works to arrange for services to protect the adult from further harm. APS strives to help individuals live free from abuse in a manner that supports choice and independence.
Reports of adult abuse may be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to 1.800.898.4910(toll-free).
If you witness a life-threatening situation involving an adult with disabilities, immediately call 911.
Report incidents of abuse, neglect, and exploitation involving adults 60 and older to Elderly Protective Services at 1-833-577-6532 or 225-342-0144.
- Adult Protective Service Contact Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Useful Hotline Numbers
- Louisiana Adult Protective Services Laws
- Legal Definitions of Abuse
- National Adult Protective Services Association (NAPSA)
- The U.S. Department of HHS - Administration for Community Living
- The United States Department of Justice
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- University of Southern California (USC) Elder Abuse Guide for Law Enforcement