The first 500 people who show up for testing Tuesday, July 14 at LSU’s Alex Box Stadium’s Geaux Get Tested site will receive a coupon for a McDonald’s Value Meal. Valluzzo Companies, owner of more than 40 McDonald's locations in Baton Rouge, is offering the meal deal to help encourage people to get tested for COVID-19.
The LSU test site, as well as other sites in Baton Rouge, Gonzales and Zachary, are part of the federal government’s effort to support communities that have been identified as COVID-19 hotspots, or communities where there has been a recent and intense level of new cases and hospitalizations related to the ongoing outbreak.
“Valluzzo Companies has generously provided Value Meal coupons to encourage people to get a free COVID-19 test,” said Kim Hood, test site director for the Louisiana Department of Health. “This free testing is only available to the community through the end of the week. Anyone who is experiencing symptoms or who is concerned they may have been exposed to someone with the virus is encouraged to get tested. The test sites are quick and efficient, and wait times are short.”
All sites are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily through Saturday, July 18 (unless otherwise noted).
Preregistration is easy — simply go to www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. People who pre-register can use the express line at the test site.
Test Site Locations:
- LSU: Alex Box Stadium parking lot, Gourrier Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70820 (free Value Meal coupons at this site only)
- Southern University: F.G. Clark parking lot, 801 Harding Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70807
- Cortana Mall: 9701 Cortana Place, Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- The Healing Place Church: 19202 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Zachary Youth Park, 1650 Mt. Pleasant Road, Zachary, LA 70791 (open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Lamar-Dixon Expo Center: 9039 S. St. Landry Ave., Gonzales, LA 70737
Testing is free. No insurance is required, and there are no co-pays. Those seeking a test must provide a telephone number and an email address. A photo ID is NOT required.
eTrueNorth will process the tests. Results will be provided by email notification within 3 to 5 days, and you will get a call if you test positive. Results will also be posted in the eTrueNorth patient portal.