Would you like to request a certified copy of a Marriage Certificate or apply for a Marriage License?



Request a Certified Copy of a Marriage Certificate                                 Apply for a Marriage License



If you are getting married in Orleans Parish, you may view information on how to register an officiant and obtain a license.

The Louisiana Vital Records Registry can not issue a certified copy of a divorce decree. You must obtain a certified copy of a divorce decree by contacting the Clerk of Court in the parish where the divorce was granted.

Under Louisiana law, the Louisiana Vital Records Registry maintains Orleans Parish marriage records for 50 years. Orleans Parish marriage records older than 50 years are available at the Louisiana State Archives.

 You may also view information regarding Covenant Marriages.