Medical professionals and pediatricians from around the state will share the facts and dispel myths on COVID-19 vaccines during an upcoming Q&A for parents and families. COVID-19 Vaccines and Children: What You Need to Know will be held at 5 p.m. Thursday, June 17. Here is the link to the recorded webinar.
- Dr. Joseph Kanter, State Health Officer
- Dr. Tina Stefanski, Regional Medical Director for Acadiana
- Dr. Corey Hebert, CEO of College Health TV, Chief Medical Editor for Black News Channel, Chief Medical Officer at Dillard University
- Dr. Kimberly Mukerjee, Medical Director of the New Orleans Children's Health Project, Director of Immigrant and Refugee Health for the Tulane Section of Community Pediatrics and Immigrant Health, Treasurer of the Louisiana Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Dr. Shaun Kemmerly, Chief Medical Officer for Our Lady of the Lake Children's Health
Office of Public Health Assistant Secretary Kim Hood and Assistant Superintendent Ken Bradford from the Louisiana Department of Education will share opening remarks, and Baton Rouge-based hematologist-oncologist and TikTok personality Dr. Sanjay Juneja will moderate the conversation.
The Louisiana Department of Health is hosting this virtual conversation to help answer common questions about the COVID-19 vaccines so families can protect their loved ones and enjoy the summer with confidence.
The Department’s Office of Community Partnerships and Health Equity has organized this discussion in partnership with the greater Bring Back Louisiana campaign effort, which aims to meet people where they are — breaking barriers so that everyone has the opportunity to get the COVID vaccine.