Community Preparedness Training Materials
Bureau of Community Preparedness staff are responsible for providing both training and exercises to LDH employees, volunteers, community partners and stakeholders on a variety of topics.
Upcoming Training Sessions Overview
LDH Emergency Operations Center Section Trainings are conducted at least twice per year for each of the five Sections (Command, Admin-Finance, Logistics, Operations, and Planning) in the LDH EOC. These trainings familiarize staff with the functions and
responsibilities of their respective assigned section and how each position integrates within the section and with the larger EOC in the cross-sector alignment.
In addition to covering primary functions, Section Training always includes focused topics on specific processes, procedures, or technology. The nature of these topics varies according to the needs identified by the Section Chiefs.
Section Training is offered for staff assigned to the EOC. This ensures that they gain a solid understanding of the Section’s key responsibilities without being overwhelmed by the more advanced subject matter covered in the main Section Trainings.
The format of these trainings is generally an interactive presentation, concept-reinforcing activities, identification of future training needs, and a free-form question and answer segment. Upcoming training dates can be found below.
- March 13, 2024 Operations Section Training
- March 19, 2024 Planning Section Training
- April 3, 2024 Admin/Finance Section Training
- April 11, 2024 Command Section Training
- April 17, 2024 Logistics Section Training
Please contact Jeff Davis for additional information regarding trainings.
Incident Command System Resources
- Introduction to Incident Command System (IS 100.C)
- ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (IS 200.C)
- National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction (IS 700.B)
- National Response Framework, An Introduction (IS 800.D)