- At this time, state officials, working in conjunction with coroners from local parishes have confirmed197 deaths.
- These numbers have been reported to state officials by local coroners.
- A breakdown of these deaths is as follows:
161 are at the morgue in St. Gabriel,
Parish Coroners: St. Charles – 3, Jefferson Parish – 25, St. Tammany Parish – 5, IberiaParish – 3.
* most coroners’ office closed Sunday
- Any death that is determined to have been caused as a result of Hurricane Katrina will be counted as a hurricane-related death. For example, this applies to people who drowned as well as people who required life-support but had it cut off and died as a result when power was lost during the storm.