Organizational StructureThe mission of the Louisiana Department of Health is to protect and promote health and to ensure access to medical, preventive and rehabilitative services for all citizens of the State of Louisiana.
Departmental Philosophy The Louisiana Department of Health is dedicated to fulfilling its mission through direct provision of quality services, the development and stimulation of services of others, and the utilization of available resources in the most effective manner.
Organizational GoalsIn order to fulfill its mission, the Louisiana Department of Health intends to:
- Provide quality services
- Protect and promote health
- Develop and stimulate services by others
- Utilize available resources in the most effective manner
- Department of Health
- Division of Fiscal Management
- Bureau of Health Services Financing (Medicaid)
- Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities
- Office of Aging and Adult Services
- Office of Behavioral Health
- Office of Management & Finance
- Office of Public Health
Human Service Districts and Authorities or Local Government EntitiesThese 10 organizations are responsible for delivering health and human services at the local level.