Reportable Disease Surveillance
Reportable Disease Surveillance is a passive surveillance system which includes, but is not limited to, the reporting tools below.
COVID-19 REPORTING GUIDELINES:
Report Vaccine Breakthrough Cases Resulting in Hospitalization, COVID-Associated Mortality,
Pediatric COVID-Associated Hospitalizations, & COVID Infections During Pregnancy into the LDH On-Line Portal here.
To inquire about reporting other COVID-19 lab results and electronic reporting options, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All About Surveillance - Epi Surveillance Summary
- What are the Reportable Diseases in Louisiana (one pager)
- Specimens required to be submitted to the State Public Health Laboratory (for confirmation)
- Infectious Disease Reporting Information System IDRIS2 - (user manual)
- Disease Report Form 2430 (fillable PDF) or (Word version)
- How to Report an Outbreak
- Louisiana's Administrative Public Health Sanitary Code Title 51 (full text)
- Shelter/Disaster Surveillance Survey (Report daily via this Link)
- Pregnancy Testing and Reporting Guidelines (for non covid-19 cases)
Primary Contact Information:
Contact your Regional Epidemiologist for more assistance.
Infectious Disease Surveillance Section
1450 Poydras Street, Ste. 1641
New Orleans, LA 70112
Telephone: (504) 568-8313