About the Cannabis Program
The Cannabis Program at Louisiana Department of Health was created in April 2023. The Program contains a section for consumable hemp products as well as a section for medical marijuana.
- LDH Cannabis Program is the licensing authority responsible for registering compliant consumable hemp products for sale in Louisiana.
- LDH Cananbis Program is the regulatory authority for Louisiana’s medical (therapeutic) marijuana program.
Per Act 491 and Act 492 of the 2022 Regular Legislature, as of August 1, 2022, the Louisiana Department of Health has assumed regulatory authority over Louisiana's medical (therapeutic) marijuana program. LDH personnel are responsible for conducting inspections of medical marijuana production facilities and reviewing finished product test results to verify compliance with the requirements of La. R.S. 40: 1046. While there will be some changes to the way that the program is administered, the department is working with its counterparts at the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry to ensure a smooth transition.
Consumable Hemp Products
Click Here for the searchable database of registered consumable hemp products
Firms may not register:
- Products intended for inhalant use
- Products intended for subcutaneous or transdermal use
- Products intended for intravenous or intramuscular injection or infusion
- Products intended for rectal or vaginal insertion
- Products designed as or including a vape cartridge, vape pen, e-cigarette or a similar item designed to be inhaled
- Any alcoholic beverage containing cannabidiol
- Products claiming to be “dietary supplements”
- Products containing >0.3% Delta-9 THC or >1% total THC by dry weight
- Products containing more than 8 mg THC per serving
Acceptable dosage forms include tinctures, oils, salves, softgels, gummies, drinks, creams, ointments, lotions, lip balms, bath bombs, and single-use syringes (without needles)
Mental Health Contact: Call 988 for suicide and mental health support, Call 911 for immediate medical emergencies, or call 211 for non-emergency resources
Compulsive Gambling: 1-877-770-7867
Alcohol/Drug Helpline: 1-877-664-2248
Crisis Counselor: 1-866-310-7977
Contact Us:LDH Cannabis Program
Office of Public Health, Bureau of Sanitarian Services
628 N. 4th Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Office Number: (225) 342-4339