Pediatric Day Health Care Facility
Pediatric Day Health Care (PDHC) facilities are licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Health Standards Section (HSS).
"Pediatric day health care facility" means a facility that may operate seven days a week, not to exceed twelve hours a day, to provide care for medically fragile children under the age of twenty-one, including technology dependent children who require close supervision. Care and services to be provided by the pediatric day health care facility shall include but shall not be limited to:
(a) Nursing care, including but not limited to tracheotomy and suctioning care, medication management, and IV therapy.
(b) Respiratory care.
(c) Physical, speech, and occupational therapies.
(d) Assistance with aids of daily living.
(e) Transportation services.
(f) Education and training.
- Facility Needs Review (this must be completed & approved before Initial Licensure process can begin)
- Initial Licensure
- License Renewal
- Fees/Payment Procedure
CHANGES- Any change in the facility regarding the following shall be reported in writing to the department no less than five days prior to the change:
- Geographical Address (Relocation)
- Name (entity or dba/trade)
- Key Personnel
- Change of Ownership
- Mailing address, email address, telephone number(s), and fax number(s)
- PDHC Complaints: 225-342-6446
- Other Provider Complaints
- Criminal Background Check
- Developing an All Hazards Risk Assessment and Emergency Plan
Program Manager Contact InformationJamie Dyer