To file a complaint, concern or dissatisfaction involving services administered by OCDD or its contracted entities, call, write or otherwise communicate to the local human services authority or district. or call 225.342.0095
Statewide Incident Management System (SIMS)
The Statewide Incident Management System (SIMS) is a web-based application for OCDD. It provides authorized entities involved in OCDD Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) an online method for submitting critical incidents as defined in OCDD Operational Instruction #F-5. If you are not reporting to OCDD, select the appropriate agency below to access their informational page for reporting critical incidents.
Statewide Incident Management System (SIMS)
Effective July 8, 2019, SIMS became the web-based critical incident reporting application for OCDD. The Louisiana Department of Health Medicaid office makes SIMS available to Human Services District and Authority Developmental Disability offices, licensed waiver PCA/PCS providers, and Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) support coordinators for submitting critical incidents defined in OCDD Operational Instruction F-5: Critical Incident Reporting, Tracking and Follow-Up for Waiver Services.
The following service providers will not enter critical incidents into SIMS:
- licensed respite providers
- day habilitation centers and vocational programs
- self-direction participants, their authorized representatives or care workers
These entities will continue to send a hard copy critical incident report to the support coordinator for the involved waiver participant, for the support coordinator to enter into SIMS.
For more information about SIMS, including detailed instructions for applying for a SIMS account, click here: https://ldh.la.gov/page/3597
For SIMS Computer Configuration Requirements, please click here: WellSky Computer Requirements
For SIMS Training Manual, please click here: SIMS User Manual
For SIMS Training Video, please click here: WellSky Tutorials Playlist
Security and Password Assignment
Security built into SIMS allows access to only those authorized to access the system. Each person that enters incidents into SIMS must have a unique username and password (credentials). It is a violation of HIPAA policy to log in to SIMS using another person's credentials. Only one password will be issued for each credentialed SIMS user. It is the responsibility of each licensed agency to immediately notify SIMS_Support@la.gov of all separated employees who were credentialed in SIMS.
Do not attempt to change or reset your own password. If you are locked out of your active account in SIMS or need a password re-set, please contact the Office of Technology Services (OTS) helpdesk at 225-219-6900. Follow the instructions in the phone menu to access OTS help desk for SIMS. Be prepared to state your name as it appears in your SIMS account profile. For other support questions regarding your SIMS account, email SIMSWaiver@la.gov.
Additional Information/ Links
- OCDD Critical Incident Report Form (To be used to document a critical incident in the field. Direct Service Provider agency employees: send to agency home office. Self-direction direct service workers: send to support coordinator.)
- OCDD Critical Incident Report for Waiver Services (Operational Instruction # F- 5) (reference for identifying critical incident categories and definitions)
Reporting Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
Physical, sexual or psychological abuse, financial exploitation, neglect
abandonment or human trafficking of an OCDD HCBS waiver participant
must be reported as follows:
- To report abuse, neglect, exploitation or trafficking of a child (age infant to 17), contact the Louisiana Department of Children & Family Services at 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) and local law enforcement.
- To report abuse, neglect, exploitation or trafficking of an adult (age 18-59), please contact the LDH Office of Aging and Adult Services Adult Protective Services program at 1-800-898-4910 and local law enforcement.
- To report abuse, neglect, exploitation or trafficking of an adult age 60 or older, contact the Governor's Office of Elderly Affairs/Elderly Protective Services at 1-833-577-6532 and local law enforcement.
- Nursing home and privately owned intermediate care facilities for individuals with developmental disabilities (ICF/DD) providers must report allegations of abuse or neglect to Health Standards Section at 1-877-343-5179.
Filing a Complaint