Hospital Emergency Preparedness
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) created the ESF-8 Portal as a gateway to a suite of applications which are used to gather Emergency Status information on facilities licensed by the Department.
THE "ESF-8 Portal" AND ITS APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE USED TO REQUEST IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE! REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY RESOURCES SHOULD BE ROUTED THROUGH YOUR PLANNED CHANNELS STARTING WITH LOCAL EMERGENCY RESOURCES! ESF-8 Portal and its Applications are not continuously monitored.
All Hospitals are to enter, maintain and update the following ESF -8 Applications and provide information as required or as requested:
Security Management - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- The contact information entered in this application will be used to send communications related to emergency situations or ESF-8 functions and applications. The facility is required to keep the facility contacts current;
Mstat - To be kept current and updated as requested or as required;
- Statuses for Operation, Evacuation, Power, Fuel, and Utility - to be kept current;
- Census - The facilities census information shall be updated as requested;
- Generator(s) information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Bedtype Mapping information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested;
- Utility Providers information - To be kept current and updated as needed or as requested; and,
The following information will be needed to complete your ESF-8 applications updates:
Emergency Contacts (persons in security management) - Names, Types/Positions, Phone and Email information;
Utility Providers- Name and account # for Electricity, Water, Natural Gas providers;
Census Information - the current facility census;
Facility Generator(s) - Make/Model, Output in Kilowatts, Phase (single or three), Voltage, Burn Rate, Services supplied, Fuel type, Fuel Tank information;
Click here to access a User's Guide for the ESF-8 Portal and its Applications.
Click on the Mstat logo to go to the ESF-8 Portal log in page.
General Information, Username & Password, Tech Support:
Malcolm Tietje: Phone: 225-342-2390; Fax: 225-342-5073; Malcolm.Tietje@la.gov
Mary Sept: Phone: 225-342-3240; Fax: 225-342-5073; Mary.Sept@la.gov
Resources / Links:
Reoccupy / Return to a Facility after Evacuation - Forms & Information: Requirements of ALL Three documents need to be met.
- LA Dept. Health - Health Standards Reoccupy/Reopen requirements Memo (7-2016)
- LA Dept. Health - Office Public Health, Sanitarian Services Reopen Request Form
- Office of Louisiana State Fire Marshal: Requirements for Return & Reoccupy a Facility (9-2015)