Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program
(800) 256-2748 (24 hours/ 7 days)
The Infectious Disease Epidemiology (IDE) section is staffed by epidemiologists and support staff who track the causes and consequences of infectious diseases. The purpose of the section is to study the distribution of infectious diseases in the community and to carry out or coordinate programs to prevent and mitigate the spread of communicable diseases. The Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program is funded through cooperative agreements with the State of Louisiana and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Connect With Us email@example.com
For common questions related to Infectious Diseases click here. For COVID-19 related guidance click here.
For contact information or to reach an IDE staff member click here.
To contact the Tuberculosis (TB) Control Program click here.
To contact the SEET Program for mold issues call (888) 293-7020; Baton Rouge (225) 342-7136; New Orleans (504) 568-8150.
|Spotlight Topics and Events|
Healthy and Safe Swimming - CDC
» LDH Reporting Portal (use to report COVID-19 associated mortality, pediatric hospitalizations, pregnancy, & post-medical visits)
» COVID-19 Resources (includes School & Contact Tracing guidances)
- Annual Infectious Disease Surveillance Reports
- Antibiotic Sensitivity
- Arboviral Diseases - West Nile, Zika, Dengue, etc (also see West Nile Virus)
- Disease Information - Public Information Pages & Summary Pages
- Foodborne / Waterborne Disease
- Fungal / Mycotic Disease
- Healthcare-associated Infections (HAI) Resources
- Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
- Louisiana Morbidity Report (LMR)
- One Health and Rabies Information
- Parasitic Vector-borne Diseases
- Regional Public Health Epidemiologists
- Reporting Infectious Diseases
- Reportable Disease Specimens required to be sent to the State Laboratory
- School Resources
- Special Studies
- State Epidemiologist
- Syndromic Surveillance - LEEDS (Louisiana Early Event Detection System)
- Tickborne Diseases
- West Nile Virus (also see Arboviral Diseases)