LDH Hospital Licensing Packets
HSS requires a plan review from the OSFM (the DH plan review) for the following actions:
- Initial Hospital licensing
- Changes to inpatient beds, nurseries, or NICU
- Changes inclusive of, but not limited to inpatient and outpatient surgical services, labor delivery services, bronchoscopy, endoscopy, heart cath units, pre-operative services, post-operative services or intra-operative services.
- Changes to sterile processing physical enviroment
- Changes to psychological/behavioral health services physical environment
- Changes to the ED services functional program and/or physical environment
- Imaging centers that provide linear acceleration and proton beam therapy (if licensed to a hospital)
- Hospital Conversions
What needs a licensing packet?
- Initial hospital licensure
- Actions that require DH plan review
- Changes of ownership and Changes of information
- Relocations of hospitals or hospital offsite campus
- Changes of address of a hospital or offsite location
- Name Changes for a hospital or offsite location
- Addition of a practice location that has a different name and/or geographical address than that of the hospital campus on which it is located
- Trauma Centers actions
- Crisis Receiving Center actions
- Any changes to a Prospective Payment System (PPS) unit
- Changes to inpatient dialysis
The following free-standing independent provider types are not licensed by Health Standards. If a hospital decides to add one of the services, please refer to the guidance listed above as to whether a hospital licensing packet is required:
- Birthing Centers
- Fertility clinics
- Sleep centers
- Urgent care clinics
- Cancer centers
- Outpatient imaging centers
- Infusion centers
- Mobile units such as MRI, CTs, etc.:
- Please note that mobile units are not approved by DH for use by hospitals. Any hospital contemplating the use of a mobile unit needs to contact Health Standards prior to using them.
- Outpatient surgical center
Please note, incomplete packets will not be processed.
If you have questions, please contact the hospital desk at 225-342-5782.