Therapeutic Group Homes (TGH)
Therapeutic Group Homes (TGH) are licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health, Health Standards Section. A TGH is defined as a facility that provides community-based residential services in a home-like setting of no greater than 10 beds under the supervision and oversight of a psychiatrist or psychologist. TGHs provide a structured living environment 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
The purpose of a TGH is to provide community-based services in a homelike environment to clients under the age of 21 who are determined to need psychiatric or psychological services.
Each TGH shall deliver an array of clinical treatment and related services, including psychiatric supports, integration with community resources, and skill building taught within the context of a safe home-like setting under the supervision of a professional staff person. The goal of a therapeutic group home is to maintain the client's connections to their community, yet receive and participate in a more intensive level of treatment in which the client lives safely in a 24-hour setting.
- TGH Licensing Standards LAC 48:1 Chapter 62
- Fees: Payment Procedure
- Louisiana Register Vol. 44, No. 12 December 20, 2018- Chapter 41 Expedited Licensing Process for Healthcare Facilities and Providers Licensed by the Department of Health
- Initial Licensure
- Initial Licensure Checklist
- License Renewal
- Email your licensing packet to: HSS-PRTF-TGH-Licensing@la.gov
- Change of Address, Key Personnel, or Name
- Change of Ownership (CHOW) same as Initial Licensure, include Letter of Intent
The TGH application packet shall include the TGH application form and all additional documentation required by the TGH regulations. Please refer to the sections 6207 General Provisions and 6209 Initial Licensing Application Process of the TGH regulations to verify. NOTE: It is the responsibility of the pursuant TGH applicant to obtain all inspections and approvals by local agencies including local Zoning Boards and ordinances.
- DSW Registry and Adverse Action Memo (new-effective 10/01/2018)
- Developing an All Hazards Risk Assessment and Emergency Plan
- LDH Plan Review- Submit your plans through the Louisiana State Fire Marshal Portal here
Program Manager Contact InformationJamie Dyer