Pharmacy Services Program
The Pharmacy Services Program of the Louisiana Department of Health Office of Public Health provides formulary medications for the STD, Tuberculosis, Children's Special Health Services, Genetics and Family Planning Programs including contraceptive devices.
The Pharmacy Program under the Louisiana Department of Health Office of Public Health offers the following services:
- Provides formulary medications and individual patient specific prescriptions for the clients of the above listed Programs served statewide at all Public Health Units.
- Provides in-service training programs on a wide variety of topics including drug dosing, side effects and interactions for the professional staff. Other topics include drug ordering and inventory control for the clerical staff.
- Provides personalized pharmaceutical counseling upon patient request.
- Provides patient information and communication with health care professionals. This is accomplished through drug interaction review and evaluation of the patient's medical profile.
- Participates in emergency preparedness planning and response. Serves as subject matter experts and collaborates with various federal, state and local entities.
Contact Pharmacy Services:
1450 Poydras St., Ste. 1915
New Orleans, LA 70112
Hours of Operation-Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (504) 568-5022
Fax: (504) 568-8306