Change of Address, Key Personnel, or Name

Providers licensed by Health Standards Section (HSS) must notify the appropriate department of any changes regarding facility name, email address, phone or fax number and pay associated fees. Notification shall be in writing, on facility or agency letterhead and sent to:

Health Standards Section
Attn: Program Desk (insert name for the particular program)
P.O. Box 3767
Baton Rouge, LA 70821

Change of Address:

  • COA Checklist for Behavioral Health Service Providers. Print and follow. 
  • Providers licensed by Health Standards Section (HSS) must notify the department of a change of address. All providers having a change of address shall submit a Letter of Intent with the date that the change of address will be effective. 

Key Personnel Change

A change in key personnel such as the Administrator requires that the provider notify HSS so that the provider's records can be updated as all communications regarding the agency will be directed to the Administrator. Notification shall be made using the HSS Key Personnel Change form. The form can be accessed at the following link: HSS Key Personnel Change Form

Name Change 

A change in the name of the licensed provider requires that HSS be notified. The provider shall submit a new license application showing that the transaction being requested is a name change. A fee of $25 will be required to print a new license.


Please contact the appropriate Program Desk at 225.342.0138 or 225.342.3204 for additional information.