Medicaid Annual Renewals to Restart April 1, 2023
In March 2020, Louisiana Medicaid changed some of its eligibility rules in response to the federal COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE). This included stopping closures for most Louisiana Medicaid members.
Starting in April, Louisiana Medicaid must re-start eligibility reviews and close anyone who is not eligible. Eligibility reviews are also called renewals. Not everyone will renew at the same time. It will take 12 months to renew all Medicaid members.
Louisiana Medicaid is able to complete some renewals without contacting the member. This is achieved through access to other electronic databases. Many renewals, however, will require members to respond to mail from Louisiana Medicaid.
To prepare for renewal, Louisiana Medicaid members should take the following steps:
STEP 1: Update your contact information
Get ready for renewals by keeping your contact information up to date so you can get important updates in the mail. Your contact information includes your address, cell and home phone numbers and email address.
- Log on to: MyMedicaid.la.gov (account log in and password required)
- For help with the Louisiana Medicaid Self Service Portal click here.
- Email: MyMedicaid@la.gov
- Call your health plan at:
- Aetna Better Health: 1-855-242-0802
- AmeriHealth Caritas: 1-888-756-0004
- Healthy Blue: 1-844-521-6941
- Humana Healthy Horizons: 1-800-448-3810
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections: 1-866-595-8133
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-675-1607
- Call Louisiana Medicaid Customer service at 1-888-342-6207, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
STEP 2: Look for mail from Louisiana Medicaid and follow the instructions
When you receive a letter in the mail from Louisiana Medicaid, follow the instructions in the letter so you don’t risk losing your coverage. If you need help completing the steps in the letter or if you have questions, call Louisiana Medicaid Customer service at 1-888-342-6207, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or you can visit a Louisiana Medicaid Regional Office. Click here to find a Regional Office near you.
Documents submitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services on February 15, 2023